The doors first opened in 1878 at Buchy Food Service. Buchy's was known as the George Buchy Slaughterhouse, the result of a German immigrant who made his way to west-Central Ohio by way of Cincinnati. His entrepreneurial start continues today with the fifth generation of the family-run business.
In 1901, the name was changed to The Chas. G. Buchy Packing Company when George's son, Charles, purchased the company.
The name and current owner are not the only things to have changed at Buchy's. The slaughter business was discontinued first in 1968 with hogs and then with cattle in 1973.
Today, Buchy Packing Company is known as Buchy Food Service, a broad-line food distributor handling more than 10,000 items for restaurants and foodservice operations.
Their "prize brand meat" family recipes are produced by a federally-inspected manufacturer and still sold throughout Buchy's 100-mile service territory, along with thousands of other items.
To contact us: firstname.lastname@example.org
George Buchy founded what is now Buchy Food Service
in 1878. Pictured here is the Buchy Slaughterhouse,
which still stands in Greenville, Ohio.
Buchy's slaughtered hogs until 1968 and cattle
until 1973. Here, third generation George Buchy &
Ben Brinkman inspect a side of beef.
Buchy's has been a distributor since the late 1970s. Today, Buchy's distributes over 10,000 items to